Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sewing, Sunflowers and Ragamuffin

I have three girls, and I obviously love to shop for my little ladies. I really love it when I find something unique, beautiful, and handmade. I have always wanted to be able to sew beautiful dresses for my girls. I envisioned myself like Caroline Ingals in that episode when she stayed up late sewing two dresses for her girls for their special day at school. Don't you love Little House? Anyway maybe one day, but for now I just practice sewing blankets or pillowcases that only require simple straight lines with no difficulty.

Not too long ago I was reading Raechel's blog and read this post. She made this beautiful skirt, and I had to have one for each of my girls. I went to her etsy store and ordered 3. When I got my package I was so excited, and the (older) girls loved them! They are absolutely gorgeous, and she was awesome to work with!
Last week I dressed the girls up in their skirts, and on our way to church we stopped at a HUGE sunflower field on the outskirts of town, and in a hurry I snapped a few pics of my girls...
Have a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Raechel said...

ADORABLE!!! You have three lovely girls! Thanks so much for sharing this link with me - it's so fun to see the skirts on the little ladies they were made for!

So glad you like them!
Raechel