Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Vacation

We had an absolute wonderful time in Florida this past week for Thanksgiving.  I am completely exhausted and need a vacation after my vacation.  We went to Sandestin, Fl which is about a 12 hour drive from where we live.  The road trip wasn't as bad as last Christmas when we went to Orlando, but the girls did have some moments as expected from little ones.  To pass time in the car Trinity listened to a little music...


and Celeste enjoyed some hot chocolate, but she kept calling it her coffee!



When we finally  made it I wanted to take a picture of the girls in front of the condo building on their nice Thanksgiving decorations...


but getting the girls to cooperate was a challenge as always.  So I attempted another picture the next day...



The weather was nice and cool so we didn't go to the beach during the day, but we did do a lot of shopping...


Playing...


Swimming...




and relaxing...


On one of our shopping days the girls wanted to ride a (mini) trian, so of course I had to stuff myself inside this tiny train to ride with the girls.



My mom and I tried to sneek past Build a Bear without the girls seeing it, but obviously they are more aware than we thought.  So Grandma gave in and let them make a bear/horse/puppy.







On Thanksgiving day my mom and I cooked all morning, and then we all enjoyed a delicious lunch.  I didn't get a lot of pictures of us eating, but I took a quick one of the girls.  They ate at the sofa and coffee table because our table only fit 4. 


                                      

Not sure what Celeste was doing.  Of course after we ate we did what probably every other person in America did...



The next night Santa was going to light the Christmas tree and have a firework show.  I was a little hesitant about going because my girls hate fireworks.  Even the word makes them cry.  We went anyway, and I figured that if they melted down I would take them into a store nearby. Well I was right.  After the first pop Celeste screamed.



So Grandma took them to Starbucks for some hot chocolate!  Good excuse Grandma!  I did get a few pictures with Trinity, who was brave as can be.



And after it was all over the girls decided it was ok to take some pictures.
                        
                                       

And yes, we did find a Santa.  My husband wanted to go to the Bass Pro Shop, and the girls met Santa.  Although Trinity did not look too happy.




And if any of you are wondering about the Christmas card pictures that I wanted to take on the beach, well it didn't go to great, but more on that later this week, but here is a preview of my attempt to take beach pictures.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and are now enjoying the best time of year...Christmas!

1 comment:

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Oh dear, I've had some similar photo attempts recently!! It's still an adorable picture, though :)

Glad you had a great vacay...and I love the festive new look on the blog!