Saturday, May 22, 2010

Teacher Gifts

Well it is that time of year again when all the children are out of school for the summer.  It seems like it flies by faster and faster each year.  Throughout the year I always try to give my girl's teachers little gifts for the 1st day of school, Christmas, Valentines, Birthdays, and the last day of school.  This year I thought instead of giving the teacher a gift for herself, I wanted to give her a gift for her classroom.  As we all know teachers pay for the majority of classroom materials out of their own pocket.  I decided to give each teacher a set of books for their own personal classroom libraries. 


The first set is for Celeste's teacher.  I picked out two Little Golden Books about God and barnyard animals.  I also chose two Berenstain Bears books about strangers and manners. 

For Delilah's teacher I chose three I Can Read books which included Amelia Bedelia, which was my favorite when I was a child, Biscuit Meets the Class Pet, and Fancy Nancy.  I also picked out  The Lost Dinosaur Bones by Mercer Mayer.   I really hope that the children in the classroom enjoy these books in the years to come!

2 comments:

Charlotte Ann said...

Great Ideas for books. So glad that you found a way to keep God in the classroom! Amen! Im sure that the children will appreciate them for years to come!

Little Natural Cottage said...

What a neat idea, Jessica!