Friday, May 22, 2009

Fun Day Friday

Texas State Aquarium

Since summer is here and Lilah is out of school I try to do as many fun things through out the week to keep their little hands busy. Instead of Favorite things Friday, this week will be Fun Day Friday. I will post on either one every week. Today's post is coming a little late because I have been soooo busy today. We slept in a little bit this morning (8:30 late for me) and got ready to go to the Texas State Aquarium. Since Corpus Christi is a small city there is not really much to do, but the aquarium is a lot of fun and the girls love it. We met grandma there and as soon as we got there the girls were in need of a potty break (never fails). So here is Trinity waiting for her sisters to hurry up.



I wanted to get a nice picture of my girls in front of this wall, but after several pictures this was all I could get.



Celeste found the seahorses and she turned to me and said "look mamma, I see the sweehorses". So cute, we had to take a picture.


We walked by a large fish tank and much to our surprise there was a man feeding the fish from inside the tank and he stopped to say hello to the girls. They loved it.

At our next stop we found Nemo and all his friends. Again, the picture turned out crazy...the girls wouldn't be still, they were too excited.

Then Trinity decided to take a break for a sip of a lime sonic slush.

Finally we made our way to Dolphin Bay to see the dolphin show. We waited...


and waited...
And finally it began...Trinity was more interested in eating her snack than looking at the dolphins. (I tried to get the girls with the dolphins jumping, so you have to look closely)

Then we had some fun on the playground...







As we were leaving I wanted a picture of my girls in front of the aquarium with the harbor bridge in the back. Again, not everyone was looking. Its ok...they still look beautiful.

We had such a fun day, and it was a great way to start off the summer. I look forward to many more days like this with the girls.


One more thing...when we got home they sky looked like this...


and we got some much needed rain. I even heard thunder and saw lightning. Praise the Lord!



No comments: