Friday, June 26, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday


It's Friday again, and Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is hosting Show Us Where You Live Friday. The room for today is master bedrooms. This will probably be my last one for a while. I need to get back to my Favorite Things Friday, or Fun Day Friday!

My Master bedroom was one of the last rooms I decorated. I just couldn't really find anything that I really loved, but after finishing the rest of the house I used what I had left over, and I think it turned out well.

We bought our furniture about 6 years ago, and I love it! I really wanted to buy something nice that will last us forever.


I go through bedspreads so fast. With three small children all sorts of things end up on the blankets, but I actually found this one at Wal-Mart on sale for $80! I love it and I found the animal print pillows at Hobby Lobby 1/2 off. I think I got both of them for $24.


I had the lamp on the side table, and when I bought this bedspread I wanted to dress it up to match. I bought black trim and a tassel from Hobby Lobby.

On my dresser I have my favorite pictures of my girls and family. Some pictures will stay, and I switch out the others as they grow.

I had this rod iron wall decoration over my sofa, but when I put a painting in its place I found the perfect place in my room for it.

My husbands dresser is to the left in this picture, nothing interesting on top just a TV. I used to have these crosses at my first apartment before I got married and I have had them since. I put them on an empty wall in our room.

And finally the decoration above my bed is another find from Hobby Lobby.



Well I hope you enjoyed this quick tour of my master bedroom.


See you next week for Favorite Things Friday!


6 comments:

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Very lovely room... well done!

Wendy said...

Love your room! Very well done. I also have the same header as you.

Melissa Stover said...

love the dramatic bedspread. really beautiful.

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Your room is really beautiful!! Love the dark furniture and the bedding!!

Ashley said...

wow you have done an amazing job!! I just love your bedding, it looks so rich and comfortable. Thank you for sharing.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Your bedding is gorgeous and love all the iron scrollywork.