Monday, June 29, 2009

Someone Had A Birthday!


My husband, daughter, and myself all have a birthday within 2 weeks of each other, and last Friday it was my day to turn 1 year older. In case your are wondering the big number was 27! I know I'm still young, and I haven't reached that age yet when you don't comment when someone asks how old you are. This is a picture of me 26 years ago at my first birthday party. My baby looks like me...I think.


Friday was the last day of VBS for my girls so I took the time to get a hair cut, something I do every year on my birthday. It is not a big change, just a few inches off the bottom and a bang trim. My girls passed pink eye to each other a couple of weeks ago, and guess what they gave me for my birthday? PINK EYE! Yuk! So after my hair cut I went to the doctor to get some medicine so my eye would look normal again. After I picked up my girls we met my parents and husband at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I told my mother not to tell them it was my birthday for a very important reason. I have seen in the past people wearing a big sombrero on their head while the whole place sings a birthday song. I would always laugh and think about how embarrassing that would be. After our meal I heard the dreaded sound...tambourines. And then I saw the sombrero and I knew I was in trouble...



(Please excuse my daughter while she is digging for gold). My face turned red and I was soooo embarrassed. Next time I will pick a place where they don't sing!

On Saturday the family got together for a fish fry at my mother's house to celebrate my birthday and my husband's. This is a picture of my husband and daughter filleting the fish before he fried it.



and a few I took of the girls playing on our boat and in the yard...









Then we all ate...




and ate...



and ate...



...and then we had cake!



I had a wonderful birthday, and look forward to many more to come. Now, we have a very special "Pinkalicious" birthday party this Friday for a beautiful little girl who is turning 6!


1 comment:

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

So much fun!! Happy Birthday!!

LOVE that adorable dress Trinity is wearing- they are all precious :)