Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Beautiful Green Eyed Girl Turns 6!


Today my first born baby girl is celebrating her 6th birthday. I shake my head in disbelief while writing this because I can't believe it's been 6 years. Where does time go? Sometimes I can't even remember what it was like to only have had 1 child at that time. She was born July 3, 2003 at 5:14 pm. She weighed 6lbs 10oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. She was perfect. My husband named her Delilah Faith. In memory of his mother. She was born with blue eyes, and since then they change from green to blue, depending on her mood as my mom says. She is the only one in our family with colored eyes. This is a picture of her moments after her birth.



and here she is 2 days old ready to go home


The first year was a learning experience for my husband and I. She didn't leave the house for 6 weeks, everyone had to wash their hands before even looking at her, everything was disinfected before she even touched it, and we constantly looked over her during sleep. Before we could blink she turned 1.



Lilah is big sister to two younger sisters, and we always tell her she must set a good example for them to follow. She loves her sisters even though hair gets pulled at times. She was 2 when our next daughter was born. Celeste stayed in the NICU for about 3 days, and in this picture Lilah was so happy to hold her baby sister for the first time after a long wait.




I will never forget the sweet look on her face as she held her sister for the first time. She asked us if she could sing to her, and as she sang her a song I cried. It wasn't long after another baby sister was born. This time the NICU stay was longer. 8 days. So when we brought her home Lilah was the first to hold her.



She is a great big sister, teaching the girls how to fix hair, have a tea party, or dress "fancy", as she says. After watching her grow all these years I thank God for giving her to me. She is much more to me than some may know. I believe God gave her to me to save me. I wasn't a horrible person, but not living for the Lord like I should have been. When she was born it was like at that moment I knew I needed to get things right, and I wanted us to raise her in a godly home. I know God has a plan and purpose for her. I know this because God spared her life when she was only 3 years old. While traveling, a truck hit us head on going 70 mph on the highway. She was ejected and thrown about 30 yards from the car on the side of the highway. All onlookers including ourselves watched her in shock as she got up and walked away with only a small scratch on her foot. It was a miracle, and I have only God to thank for that. So, as we watch her grow over the years I want her to know she is a life saving miracle, who is loved by her parents, sisters, and most of all God.



Happy Birthday Love


2 comments:

Raechel said...

Okay, your daughters are BEAUTIFUL!!! Seriously.

I just opened an Etsy shop this weekend and have already had great success! If you want to order skirts for your sweet gals, I'd be SO happy to make them! Three matching skirts would be ADORABLE!

Here's the link the skirt:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=27333895

You can just click on "ask seller a question" at the bottom and we can talk details there. Once we nail down what you want I'll make a custom listing for you.

Fun!!
Raechel

Raechel said...

Oh, and I wanted to tell you that I am charging $32 apiece for the skirts. But, if you're ordering matching skirts for all three of your girls, I'd be glad take care of shipping! :)

Raechel