Saturday, July 11, 2009

Pinkalicious Party


Yesterday at our home, we had a Pinkalicious Birthday Party to celebrate Lilah's 6th birthday. The word Pinkalicious came from her favorite book about a little girl who turns pink! We had pink everywhere! It was about 100 degrees here yesterday, so we planned her party for about 6 pm when the temperature came down a few degrees. We cooked BBQ w/trimmings, and hot dogs for the kids. My husband doesn't like to take pictures, but I got one real fast while he was cutting up the meat...

We borrowed a big inflatable water slide and set it up outside for the kids to play on. They loved it! We had about 20 kids in the backyard. The kids hit a pinata, and we had to stop all the kids from getting candy so baby sister could grab a few...
Celeste was happy to get some candy, even though she doesn't look happy in this picture...

Trinity was only happy when I was holding her, which made serving, cleaning, and cooking a bit harder. I set her down for a second and caught her smiling.

I ordered this cake without seeing a picture of a similar one, and was a little worried about how it would come out, but I have to say it was beautiful and it tasted even better. It was strawberry of course to go with our pink theme...
and here is the birthday girl holding her cake.
By the end of the night we had a big mess inside, lots of mud outside, VERY tired children...


and a wet, dirty dog who was trying to jump on the tables to eat the leftovers...

Anyone who knows me knows that I try to keep my house clean at all times, so I stayed up last night till 2am cleaning, mopping, and disinfecting my house. Lilah stayed up with me, and played with her new things. She tried to open something with her teeth, and this is what happened (look at he bottom right of her mouth)...

I don't even think this tooth was loose. She just bent the tooth down, and it was laying sideways. Gross I know, but she pulled it and got tooth fairy money on top of birthday money. It was a great ending to "birthday season". I don't need to plan another party until March!

2 comments:

Charlotte Ann said...

Great Idea for a birthday! I have to say that I love that cake. If you dont mind me asking where you got it from. Very pretty!

Misty said...

A wonderful pinkalicious party! Too bad I was too big to go down the waterslide! :(