Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Upside- Down Deep Dish Pizza

We are super busy people in our house. Almost everyday something is going on around here. Between gymnastics, soccer practice and games, softball practice and games, and church 3 times a week we are always on the go. I love the days when we don't have to do a thing, and I can prepare a meal that requires lots of time, but I also love a meal that is quick, easy, and requires ingredients that I have actually heard of, and are in my own pantry. My mom gave me this recipe yesterday, and we both made it for our families last night, and it was soooo good, and EASY!

This is what you will need:
1 lb. ground beef (or turkey)
1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped broccoli thawed
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 can (11 oz) refrigerated pizza dough

This is how to make it:

1. Brown ground beef (turkey) in skillet; drain. Season with salt and pepper (I added garlic powder). Stir in pasta sauce and bring to a boil. Pour into a 2 quart baking dish. (I used a large pie dish)


2. Top with broccoli, then cheese. Press dough over dish, sealing edges.




3. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until crust is golden. Let stand for 10 minutes.


Serves 4- Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love easy family friendly recipes! Thanks for sharing!