Friday, August 14, 2009

A Day Trip

It is sooooo good to have my computer back. The computer doctor found out the problem and fixed it super fast! I am now enjoying sitting at my computer this morning sipping on some coffee and reading some of my favorite blogs. Not too much has changed around here. We are still doing the finishing touches on getting ready for school. I totally didn't pay attention to what the last day was to pay my tuition, and I called the college and found out it was on July 31. Ooops! So without a computer to register again I was panicking. So I drove to my mother's house, and I was able to register for 3 out of my 4 classes, and paid! So starting Monday the 24th we will have early and hectic mornings on Mondays and Wednesdays.

So since there is still about a week left until school I'm trying to fit in lots of fun days for the girls. Last Thursday we went to Six Flags- Fiesta Texas in San Antonio to see The Wiggles. Yes, they were the "real" ones. I went with my sister-in-law and her two children. It was only about a 2 hour drive, so we decided to go just for the day. The road trip wasn't bad at all after the first 30 minutes of fighting between the children. Remember there were 5 small children in the back. We had to get to the park right when it opened so we could stand in another line to get the Wiggles tickets. So we get there right at 10:30 and walk super fast to the other side just to find a looooonnnnnnggggg line already formed in the HOT HOT sun. We got our tickets and stood in line for an hour.


Anything for my children! So here are some pics of the "real" Wiggles.




After the show we headed straight to Wiggle World which is a new part of the park where it is all Wiggle rides.

The girls loved this ride! Their other favorite ride is the log ride...

It was sooooo HOT. I didn't see not one cloud in the sky, so the sun was just beaming down on us the entire time. After a few more rides we decided to take a lunch break, and headed to the nearest air conditioned building. We ate, and let this little lady take a quick nap.

This park is nice because they have such a great water park for the children, and after such a HOT day we headed over there to cool off! As soon as we got there Celeste ran straight to the "big kid" pool, and she went out too far and started to go under. Good thing I saw her running because I took off after her and caught her before she was completely in panic mode. Swimming lessons helped because she started kicking and moving her arms. After that I put a life jacket on her so she could enjoy the water.


The girls loved playing in the fountains, slides, pools, and boat...

On the way out I wanted a picture of all my girls with some of the characters walking around, so We saw bugs and this was the best I could get with all 3...

So it ended up with just the two...

After we left we drove to the nearest place where we could get ice cream, and everyone got one including this tired tired baby!

2 comments:

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Oh that last pic is priceless!! HA!!

I forgot about the Wiggles- we took 2 of our boys to see them years ago, and I must say, Captain Feathersword put on a really good show for the adult audience members :)

Good luck with your classes!! What are you studying?

Jenny said...

What a special day!!! We love the Wiggles here at our house!!! This is our last week of summer before school starts back too. We are trying to fill it with a bunch of fun stuff too! Enjoy these last few days of summer!