Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Crock- Pot Banana Nut Bread

Who knew that you could actually make bread in a Crock- Pot? Obviously not me! I have this great cookbook that is made up of meals made only in a Crock- Pot which is great for us because we are super busy around here. When I came across this banana nut bread recipe I had to try it because I love banana nut bread, especially in the morning while sipping on some coffee and reading my favorite blogs! How many of you buy bananas and then have to throw away a couple because they get mushy? This bread is great to make when you have those mushy bananas that are too soft to eat, but not rotten yet! Please don't use rotten bananas, I wouldn't want anyone to get sick. When I started to make this the other day I decided that I needed some very good and cute helpers to help me bake, so I found these girls and they were more than excited to help!



This is what you will need:

1/3 cup butter or margarine
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
3 ripe bananas, well mashed
1 3/4 cups all- purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

This is how to make it:

1. Grease and four the inside of your Crock-Pot Slow Cooker stoneware with butter or nonstick cooking spray. Cream butter in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy. Slowly add sugar, eggs, corn syrup and mashed bananas. Beat until smooth.


2. In a separate mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Slowly beat flour mixture into butter mixture. Add walnuts and mix thoroughly. Pour into prepared stoneware. Cover; cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours.



3. Let cool, then turn bread out onto serving platter.

Tip: For a 5, 6, or 7 quart Crock-Pot Slow Cooker, you may double all ingredients. This bread also freezes well!

I hope you enjoy!

No comments: