Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Marshmallow Cocoa Mix

I really love to shop...that's no lie!  It's one of my favorite things to do on any day, but during Christmas my gift list sometimes is so long that I don't look forward to shopping.  What? Did I really say that?  I don't like to just buy a gift just to buy one.  I like to put some thought behind the gift I'm giving instead of just pulling something off the shelf because I THINK the person might like it.  After several years of frustration I decided that most of my gift giving was going to be made by me!  Now don't roll your eyes!  I know how some people feel about homemade gifts, but mine are super yummy!  No it's not fruitcake...no offense to anyone who may give fruitcake as gifts (I personally like it).  Simple, easy & delicious marshmallow cocoa mix.  I put together this cocoa mix every year, and people LOVE it! Or at least they tell me they do!  Here's how I make it...

Ingredients:
25-oz pkg. powdered milk
1-1/2 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
3 cups hot chocolate mix
1-1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups mini marshmallows

Combine ingredients
Equally divide into four, one-quart jars
Attach gift tags with instructions to each.
Makes 4 jars

Instructions to make:
Combine 1/2 cup mix with one cup of boiling water.
Makes one serving.







I usually buy some Christmas fabric and cut circles out, and place the fabric over the lid, and under the ring that screws on the jar.  I love using raffia to tie around it, but you can use anything.  I also make a bunch of candies and goodies to go with the cocoa.  I wrap them all up in a basket and tie with a  beautiful bow.  And there you go, something easy, cost friendly, and fun!

2 comments:

Charlotte Ann said...

Such a very sweet and cute idea! By the way I made the reindeer cupcakes and they were yummy! Thank you for the idea! Merry CHRISTmas!

Kristy said...

This is a DELICIOUS mix!! We loved ours! Yum! Kristy :)