Saturday, January 9, 2010

Brrrrr

It's cold!  I mean FREEEEZZZIIINNGGG!  It's 29 degrees here in the deep south.  The low this morning was 18.   Don't laugh if you are completely snowed in. Remember, we don't see weather like this at all.  In fact the weather man, who is always wrong right said that we haven't seen weather like this since Christmas eve of 89.  I was 7, and don't remember.  I can remember as a child Thanksgiving and Christmas with 70 and 80 degree weather.  Today, I can't stay warm with layers on...and I'm inside with central heat.  We don't own scarves, gloves, or hats.  We own flip flops, swim suits, and beach toys.  Who needs winter gear in south Texas?  My children don't seem to mind it because they were crying yesterday evening to play outside on the swing set.  I didn't let them.  Almost every house around has old blankets and sheets on all their plants.  My plants are probably freezing.  My husband left real early this morning to drive to the deer lease to sit in a blind in frigid weather to look for deer.  No thanks!  So what to do today inside is the big question.  I think I may make some chicken soup, finish art projects with the girls, learn to crochet ...I'm serious, study the Sunday school lesson for tomorrow morning, and catch up on some laundry.  I can't wait for summer, but I know when it's 105 outside I will wish for winter.  How are you spending your cold day today?

1 comment:

willowinspirations.blogspot.com said...

Hi Jessica I stopped, I read your posts and wanted to say hi.