Tuesday, April 27, 2010

One of my best friends Misty, is getting married next month.  She asked (months ago) if we all would be in her wedding! Except for little Nene.  She would run wild.  I love weddings, and feel so honored to be a part of her wedding.  This past Saturday we had a bridal shower for her at my mother's house.  It was so much fun planning and preparing for this shower.  Her wedding colors are mainly ivory and champaign, but there is a touch of aqua throughout the flowers and bridal party.  So for the shower we went with the same colors.





I made these letters for her...



We made simple finger foods and a delicious strawberry lemonade.




Chocolate covered strawberries, cheesecake bites, and cream puffs for dessert. 



The other hostess, Kristie, made these game cards for the guests.



And of course the beautiful bride to be!  She graduates on a Saturday then she is getting married the following Tuesday!  She is one busy lady with papers, finals, AND planning a wedding!  Whew...I thought I had a full schedule!

 

Our little helper!


Me and my baby girl!

                                     
Bride and Bridesmaids. 
Wow do I feel tall after looking at this picture!

Misty, I feel honored to be apart of your fabulous wedding! 
You are such a wonderful person, and I know the Lord will bless you and your new life ahead.

...but the greatest of these is charity...
1 Corinthians 13:13 

4 comments:

Jenny said...

What a beautiful shower!!! Love the colors!!

Little Natural Cottage said...

Beautiful job on the decorating and refreshments, Jessica! I'm so happy for Misty... she's always been a sweet girl. Hope the wedding is wonderful!

You look so pretty in the picture... love ya!

Kristy

Misty said...

You and Kristie did a WONDERFUL job, thank you for all of your hard work! I'm so blessed to have you as my friend!


P.s. I LOVED the lemonade! :)

Goodness and Mercy Mom said...

Jessica, the next time I need to host a bridal/baby shower, would you please help me?! (Okay, I know that I live several hours away from you but it can't hurt to ask.)
I LOVE those big letters you made. I'm going to look through old posts and see if you shared with your readers how you did it. (If not, could you share in a future post?)

I hope all is well with you and your beautiful family.

God Bless,
Kathie