Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Dress For Trinity

Well, I made my first dress for my little girl!


I picked out what I thought was a simple pattern for a pillowcase dress, but it actually took longer and was more detailed than I thought. 



I have a great teacher who helped me put it together, and taught me some things I didn't know about sewing including making my own bias tape to match the dress.



I am going to make the same dress for Celeste, using the stripe fabricfor the main part of the dress, and the flower fabric for the trim pieces.


I have a super cute pattern for a skirt that I am going to make for Delilah.
The skirt is made up of 5 different fabrics, so I am going to use the two fabricsthat are in Trinity and Celeste's dress and add some to match.I will be sure to post a picture when I am finished! 

2 comments:

Little Natural Cottage said...

SO CUTE, Jessica! I love the material you used... can't wait to see the other outfits you make!

Kristy

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is a sweet dress! I am just learning to sew and patterns are still hard for me! Good job. God bless.