Thursday, May 6, 2010

Spring Wreath

I went to Hobby Lobby last week to finished picking up the rest of the items I needed to finish some Mother's Day projects for the children at church.  In the floral section they had beautiful spring wreaths lined up on a wall.  The colors of the flowers and arrangement of them were just so beautiful.  I thought that one wreath would look so pretty on my front door at home, so I reached for the price tag to check how much it was.  I about fell over at how much they were selling them for.  I couldn't believe it.  I thought , "Hey I can make one".  Fortunately the wreaths were 1/2 off, so I picked up this one and paid $2.50 for it.



The flowers were not on sale last week when I was there, so I waited until this week and bought these...


I just loved all the different colors of these flowers.  The best part was they were all 1/2 off!  I also bought a few small feathers to put in at the wreath.  I am not a big fan of feathers, but I loved the ones I picked out because they were small and so pretty.  I first started off by hanging my wreath on a door in my house so I could start placing the flowers where I wanted them.



When I finally finished placing all the flowers where I wanted them I turned the wreath around and tied the flowers in place with wire.  I then placed the feathers in between the flowers in just a few places. 


Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE birds.  Someone gave me two yellow glass birds about a year ago.  They used to belong to my grandmother, and she kept them in her curio, and growing up I loved looking at them.  They were sitting on my window seal above my kitchen sink, but they kept falling in the sink when I would clean the window, or when the girls would climb up on the counter.  I didn't want to put the birds away, so I thought they needed a home in a nest in my new wreath.  So I made this...


I placed the birds  in the nest, and put them in the middle of the wreath.  I tied a bow on top of the wreath with the same raffia I used to make the bird nest.


                                                  

This is what it looks like on my front door...

                                                 

I just love how my wreath turned out, and it was a fraction of the price of the pre-made wreaths.  I think one just like it would make a great Mother's Day gift for my mom!

2 comments:

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Very pretty! :

Goodness and Mercy Mom said...

That is so beautiful! My jaw is still hanging open over the adorable dress you made Trinity. You need to sell your creations on Etsy!

Kathie