Friday, May 7, 2010

Girly Names

Today is Show Us Your Life over at Kelly's Korner


 Children's names are today, and I thought I would participate this Friday because I named all my daughters after one of their grandmothers, and I would love to share.

Our first born:
Delilah Faith

We knew that our first daughter would be named Delilah before she was even born.  My husband's mother had 4 boys, my husband being the baby.  She always wanted a little girl, and she was going to name her Delilah.  Her name is Delia.  She passed away when my husband was only 10 years old, so we wanted to name our daughter after her. As for her middle name, I have just always liked the name Faith.  We mostly call her Lilah or Lilah Faith. 

Our second daughter:
Celeste Cynthia

My sweet sweet Celeste.  She didn't have a name until she was 2 days old, and I had to sign the birth certificate.  We knew she was going to have the middle name Cynthia because that is my mother's name, but I had no idea for a first name.  We went back and forth between two different names, Mackenzie or Hazel.  We each loved one or the other, but couldn't decide.  Someone mentioned the name Celeste.  My mother then reminded me that my Grandmother always wanted one of her granddaughters to have the name Celeste. My Grandmother loved that name so much, and I knew it would be perfect for my daughter.  She passed away before Celeste was born, but I know one day she will finally meet her. 

Our baby girl:
Trinity Aurelia

I have always loved the name Trinity, and with her being baby girl #3 it just fit.  We knew she was going to be Trinity before she was born.  Aurelia is her middle name, and that is my grandmother's name.  It was so easy to name her, and it just fits her perfect!  Although her name is Trinity, she says it's not!  Her nickname is Nene, so when you ask her what her name is she says, "Nene".  If you ask her if her name is Trinity she always says, "NO"! 

Hopefully one day I the Lord will bless us with a baby boy or maybe 2!  If and when we have a boy we will not name him a JR, but rather use my husband's first name for a middle name.  As of now, I don't have any favorite boy names, but I'm sure I will when the time comes!


6 comments:

Amanda said...

I love your daughters' names! I hope we have 3 girls!! :)

Michele said...

All of those names are just beautiful! You have 3 gorgeous daughters.

Courtney said...

You have the most beautiful girls!

junglemama said...

Love the names. They are as beautiful as your girls!

Goodness and Mercy Mom said...

I love your girls' names, too. All three of your daughters are just breathtakingly beautiful.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day with your little princesses!

God Bless,
Kathie

Tera said...

Your girls are beautiful! Lilah looks like a model.:) Love their names and the significance behind them.