Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today has been such a wonderful Mother's Day so far.  I need to be quick with this post because we are spending the rest of the day out in the bay on our boat.  It is so beautiful outside here in south Texas, and the outdoors are calling our names!  My girls have been wishing me a Happy Mother's Day all week.  I think because they have been working on Mother's Day gifts in school. My favorite surprises to get from my girls are the special things they make for me.  My girls gave me my Mother's Day gifts on Friday, and I have to say I was sooo surprised at what they made me this year.  When I picked Celeste up from Preschool I found these goodies and treasures waiting for me.
Celeste decorated all by herself this beautiful cake.  She picked out the roses and different colors on the cake.  She also made me a jewelry box and a card.  I was so excited when she gave it to me.  When I picked up Delilah from school she also gave me a wrapped up gift she made.  She told me I couldn't open it until today, but about 2 minutes later she couldn't stand it anymore, and wanted me to open it.

Lilah wrote a story for me, and made a picture frame with her picture in it.  I already hung it on my refrigerator.  This morning we finished up our Mother's Day gifts in children's church.  We traced the children's hands and glued them to popsicle sticks, and put them in painted flower pots.  I also made gerber daisy pins for the children's mothers and we pinned them to a piece of felt on a stick and placed it in between the children's hands in the flower pot.  It turned out so cute, but my flower pot got left at the church.  I will have to post a picture of it next week. 


I feel so blessed this morning to be a Mama to these three beautiful girls!  I also feel blessed to have such a loving Mother who has been absolutely wonderful to me my entire life!
I love you Mom!
and
Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

What a sweet pic of you and your girls!!! Happy Mother's Day to you!!!