Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Faith, Friends & Fireworks on the Fourth!

On the 4th we had such a busy day scheduled.  We headed to church in the morning, and before loading in the car I snapped a few pics of these precious girls.  I made the dresses that my little girls are wearing.  Lilah didn't want a matching dress so we found one that she loved.
I love everything about the 4th of July.  I love the scorching hot warm weather, fireworks, and most of all spending time with my family and friends.  I love that this year the 4th fell on a Sunday.  After church we went to eat lunch at another church that we fellowship with and ate the best BBQ chicken with all the trimmings.  After lunch we had an afternoon service and sang some wonderful patriotic songs.  When church was over the girls ran to the playground to play with their friends.

This little firecracker went down the slide countless times!

She kept giggling every time she went down.  

This pretty girl swinging turned 7 the day before. (Birthday post coming next!)

Celeste ran around and played the entire afternoon, but kept asking me about every 30 minutes if they were going to pop fireworks yet.  Not because she wanted to see them, but because she was scared.  Poor baby.  She doesn't like them at all. So when they started the fireworks she got to enjoy watching them...from INSIDE! 
I feel so blessed to live in this beautiful and free country!

4 comments:

Nic said...

Your girls a super adorable and I LOVE their names..God Bless

Charlotte Ann said...

Love that y'all got to go to CTC to visit and see family and friends! Glad that your family had such a blessed 4th of July!

Little Natural Cottage said...

Your girls look precious, as always! We had a great Fourth too! Love and miss ya, girl!

Kristy Howard

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Your girls are so cute!! And great job on the dresses! :)