Saturday, May 9, 2009

Honoring my Mom on Mother's Day

There are so many wonderful things I can say about my mom. I don't know how to start this or where to begin because how do you summarize a lifetime of love from one person in a paragraph? She gave birth to me on June 25, 1982, and from that moment on a bond was created between mother and daughter.

As a child growing up I can remember nothing but wonderful memories of love and friendship with my mother. She was hard working so she could give me the very best of everything. We went on many family vacations where we saw and experienced such wonderful things. I am so blessed to have such great childhood memories with her.

I am my mothers only child, and because it's just the two of us, mother and daughter, we were very close and still are to this day.

My mom has been there with me through all of the teenage years, and early college years. She was probably frustrated and upset at times when I didn't make the right choices, but she never left my side, and always showed that she cared. I am so thankful for all of the great and wonderful things my mom has done for me, but I am most thankful for her prayers when I was not where I needed to be with the Lord. She never stopped praying for me even when I would not seem to care what she had to say. Every Mother's Day she would always ask me to go to church with her, and I always said no. It brings tears to my eyes when I think of that because now that I am a mother I know how bad that must have hurt her. I gave my heart and life to the Lord on August 10, 2003, and I haven't looked back, and never will. I know because of her prayers I am where I am today. My whole family and I are serving God.

So on this Mother's Day mom, I just want to say thank you for a great life with you, and thank you for praying for me when I needed it the most. You are so wonderful and I love you more than ever. I look forward to many more years of friendship and love.


Happy Mother's Day!



I also want to add a picture of 4 generations of mothers. My great-grandmother, my grandmother, my mom, and me. This picture was taken 26 years ago, and my great-grandmother, and grandmother have gone on to be with the Lord, but one day we will all see each other again.




Happy Mother's Day to every special mother, and I hope you have a blessed day!

No comments: