Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Strawberry Delight

Every time our family gets together for dinner someone always asks me to make a dessert. I love to cook and bake so I can make a lot of different desserts, but it never fails everyone always wants a Strawberry Delight. I can't blame them, because this dessert is soooo good you will catch yourself eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is served cold and would be great for hot days during the summer. Now, I can't take full credit for this recipe. It comes from my pastor's wife who got us all started on loving this dessert. I changed just a few things to make it how I like it. I wanted to share it with all of you, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. This is the finished look...




This is what you need:

I cup of flour

3/4 cup of crushed pecans

1 stick of margarine melted

1 8oz. package of cream cheese

1 cup of powdered sugar

16 oz. of cool whip

1 3.9 oz box of vanilla pudding

2 cups of cold milk

1 10oz carton of frozen strawberries in glaze (thawed)

1 package of strawberry glaze

1 container of fresh strawberries


Ok...here's how to make it...

* with a spoon, stir together melted margarine and flour. Then add pecans. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass baking dish and bake at 350 for about 10-15 min (until golden brown)

* In a bowl mix together (with a hand mixer) cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. Then add HALF of the container of cool whip (8 oz). Set bowl aside

* In a separate bowl mix together vanilla pudding and cold milk until pudding is pudding like (only way I can describe it). Then pour pudding into bowl with cream cheese mixture. Mix together and set aside.

*In a separate bowl mix carton of frozen (now thawed) strawberries and 3/4 of the package of strawberry glaze together.

Now its time to put it all together.

* Pour cream cheese/pudding mixture over pecans in the dish. Next pour frozen strawberries and glaze on top. Then put the remaining cool whip on top of everything. Cut up fresh strawberries and layer on top of cool whip.

Like I said this is super good, and I promise everyone will love it!


No comments: