Thursday, May 28, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday






Delilah & Celeste's Room

Kelly, over at Kelly's Korner hosts a home tour every Friday called Show us Where You Life Friday. I'm going to do mine today, but will post a link to it tomorrow on her site. Every week she asks people to post about different rooms in their house. This week is Nurseries & Children's Rooms.


First I must explain our house, we originally rebuilt this house to sell, but we couldn't immediately find another house we liked, and I fell in love with this house when it was all finished, so we decided to stay here for a while. Lilah and Celeste share a room although only Lilah sleeps in there. So this week I will show their room.

They decided on hot pink as a paint color, and the original plans were to have glitter in the paint, but I just imagined it all over the floor, and decided against it.


I wanted to get them a quilt for their bed and I found this one at Target and I love it! We went to Disney World during Christmas and New Year's and the only thing Celeste wanted was that Minnie Mouse pillow. She absolutely loves it.

This piece of furniture was hand painted by my grandmother. It used to be in her bedroom, and recently my grandfather gave it to me, and I will treasure it. It is so special to me, and beautiful. The tea set on top was given to Delilah from my mom, and the baby in the picture is Celeste. So sweet!

Lilah was painting one day at home and when she finished I thought her paintings were so beautiful and matched her room. I bought these frames and hung them by the bed.

I didn't want to put curtains over the windows but I wanted something decorative over them, so I found these for only $7 and they look great.



They each have their own dresser and this one is Celeste's...


I really wanted white furniture, but my husband just knew that it would get written on.
So we decided on this cherry furniture and I have to say it was a good choice. Here is Lilah's dresser.


The Disney TV is sooo big... its time to get a smaller one. I wonder if they make a pink LCD? Anyway its great so they can watch movies in their room. I'm not really a fan of toys ALL over the room, so I like to hide them in containers under the bed or in the closet, but here is their kitchen and a few toys.

When I was taking these pictures the girls wanted me to take one of their Christmas present, and a little girl snuck into the picture...

Well I hope you enjoyed the tour of my girl's room. The next room I think is the master bedroom, so I'll do that one next time.

Remember tomorrow is Favorite Things Friday! See ya then.


7 comments:

Heather said...

I love these rooms!! So cute, love the color on the walls and all the accessories!! It's fun having girls and yours are gorgeous!!

Brandi said...

The girls' room is great. I love the piece of furniture your grandmother painted. It's beautiful and how wonderful that the girls have it in their room.

Jennifer said...

Love your room. I laughed a little when I got to the picture of the kitchen. We have that same kitchen in my daughter's room AND we both have the same picture hanging above it! I guess great minds think alike... Enjoyed the tour.

Erica said...

i love the pink on the walls! and framing your daughter's artwork is such a great idea! what a cute room!

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

I LOVE the handpainted piece! What a treasure! And I adore your girls' names as well!

Tara G. said...

So cute and I love the art the best!

Courtney said...

Adorable room, very girly!