Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Swimming Lessons



Yesterday I took the girls for their first swimming lesson of the summer. Last year they did really good and learned a lot, so I wanted them to continue this year. When Celeste woke up in the morning I asked her if she was ready for swimming lessons, and she said "Yes momma, but I don't want to dive." I thought that was too funny. My cousin gives private lessons at her house, so it's really nice they can be one on one with their teacher. On the way they were so excited, but as soon as we got there neither one wanted to go first. They went back and forth for a few minutes until big sister finally gave in.

So Lilah went first and did a great job. She picked up right back where she left off last year. No more floaties!! First, she practiced her kicking with the kick board...


She picked up rocks from the bottom of the pool...

She practiced her kick while on her back...

and jumped in a few times...


Then she was finished...whew...great job!


Next was the little one...this is what she was more interested in...



the goggles. All she wanted to do for about the first 5 minutes was play with them. Doesn't she look too cute? I don't think she ever put her head in the water so the goggles were more like an accessory (just like a girl). This is what she did during her lesson... kicked with a smile on her face...(sorry a little blurry)


She was supposed to pick up rocks off the third step, but she decided the first and second were better...

She absolutely refused to put her head under the water, which I don't understand because at home she always puts her head under when she is in her little pool. Then Celeste did this about 20 times...

Then the dog decided she wanted to go swimming...



Lilah and Celeste did so good, and they were so proud of themselves. Lilah told me in the car, "Mom I think I am better than the swim team."


No comments: