Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Nester Christmas Tour of Homes


Welcome to my blog! My name is Jessica, and I hope you enjoy touring my home that I have decorated for Christmas.  Some decorations have been passed down to me from my grandmother, some were made for me as a child, some I bought, and some are made by my daughters (my favorite).  I'm not going to do much explaining with words..mostly pictures.  Enjoy! 








Our tree...rotates...love it!



Some of my favorite ornaments...birds, nativity, personalized & homemade...

















My mom gave me this set of ornaments a few years ago. 
I love them because they play music when opened up.



I decorated the top of the entertainment center with lighted garland and angels at the top.




My grandmother made me this stocking when I was 2. 
I have used it every year since then, and I always will.
My grandmother has gone on to be with the Lord, and this brings back sweet Christmas memories
when I hang this every year.





My grandmother also made this tree skirt that my mother used for so many years.
My mom recently gave it to me.




My daughter made this wreath last year in school.
I added the bow.  I love it!




Ok...the next tree is in my daughter's room.
They really wanted to decorate it themselves this year, so I let them...
and this is what you get when a 6, 3 &1 year old decorate a tree...so proud!




My entry way table decorations. 
The three candles under the nativity represent gold, frankincense & myrrh.







A few outdoor decorations...











These beautiful girls were my helpers.  They did a great job helping.  I hope you enjoyed touring my home.  Thank you to The Nester for hosting this great tour of Christmas Homes.  Head over to her blog to tour other homes.  You are more than welcome to come back to my blog anytime.  This week I will show our finally finished Christmas card, and also some homemade Christmas gifts that I have been working on.  Thanks again, and enjoy this wonderful time of year which we get to celebrate our Saviour's birth.

4 comments:

Free Art Printables said...

Your tree is lovely!

Heather said...

Your home is beautiful! I love everything! Great job! Merry Christmas! You have a beautiful family!

Hootin Anni said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Everything is so festive. A rotating tree...love the concept.

mY tOUR iS nOW sHARED....come by, if you can, to visit. Happy Holidays!

CLICK HERE FOR DIRECT LINK

Little Natural Cottage said...

Your home is lovely, Jessica... good taste! :)

I LOVE the girls' tree... so cute! I'm sure they had a blast decorating it.

Love, Kristy