Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weaned

This little girl...

Is officially weaned.

I decided to finally wean Trinity when nursing started to become a "problem".  Pro-nursing people if you are reading, in no way do I mean that nursing is a "bad thing"  I mean, look how old my child is.  We loved it, but when she started yelling out for it in church it became a problem.  When she would try to "help herself" in front of just anyone.  Um...not good.  When she woke up ALL through the night, and that was her only way back to sleep.  Not fun.  When I got chewed out by the dentist because he said her teeth were starting to be affected.  Embarrassing.  So Friday night was the 1st time I said "no" to her, and she melted down for half an hour, and I melted down even longer.  It was rough, but we made it.  Saturday night she melted down for about 10 minutes, and then happily drank her water.  Sunday night, and last night she didn't even ask!  She just grabbed her sippy cup of water and laid down and fell asleep!  Not bad for being almost 2! 

Such a big girl she is!

5 comments:

Misty said...

Yay! I'm proud of BOTH of you! :)

Charlotte Ann said...

awesome!!!

Cindi said...

What a big girl!

Jenny said...

That's GREAT!

Little Natural Cottage said...

It's funny you posted about this... I just weaned Keith recently, too. I thought I was the only mama who couldn't stand to wearn my babies early! Glad to find another mama who doesn't mind nursing a little "longer than usual". :) I say good for you. ~Kristy